As it turns out, my friend Cinderelliot (not his real name) managed to get his punishment rescinded by doing a lot of housework and cleaning, and trying to be really contrite and repentant. He managed to get the laptop back, so he didn't need the Wii U method after all.
However, since we started thinking about things we could do with the Wii U, we spent a lot of time today permanently softmodding his Wii U so that he could launch homebrew on it outside of the vWii jail. The exploits for his version of the firmware are a pain to use, randomly failing due to Nintendo patching out the ability to launch homebrew via the Internet Browser. He did eventually get it working, though. So now if this ever happens again, he can just use a text editor directly on the Wii U. That could definitely come in handy.
Also, my Mom reminded me of that fact that I told her yesterday that she needed a protective phone case because she's kind of clumsy and managed to make a small scratch in a screen made out of Gorilla Glass by dropping it on a hard floor. It's not severe enough to cause problems, but it's clear she needs extra protection given that she's keeping it in a sweater pocket where it's prone to fall out. I told her to put it in her front jean pocket, but she wants to wear jeans that are so tight she can barely even use that pocket. So I went to Amazon and found the Amzer case for her Lumia 920 we debated buying for her before, but which we dismissed due to thinking the phone looked strong enough without any protection. I also made sure to get her an ArmorSuit MilitaryShield screen protector to go with it.
As a nice bonus, I was about to remove a couple of Styx CDs that I had in my cart, but she told me to go ahead and buy them on her American Express card along with the stuff for her phone. She actually had about $25 worth of rewards points available, so they were essentially free. So I'll be getting a couple of CDs, while she'll be getting protection for her phone. I hope she doesn't drop it again in the meantime, but with a Lumia 920, finding a protective case locally would be almost impossible.
I wrapped up the day chatting with another friend of mine named Insulator briefly about how annoying people who set their profiles to private on a certain forum community we're both members of are. We agreed that it makes them seem really petty and cliquish, and/or paranoid, and praised Infamous (the admin of our chat) for giving people a place where anyone is welcome as long as they behave. A place that people can always come back to.
No comments:
Post a Comment