Well, today marks the day I used the nuclear option on my Facebook page. I created a separate list of conservative friends, and will reserve my more serious posts for them alone so I don't get trolled by my liberal friends. I feel like a total hypocrite doing this, given how many times I've complained about other people being cliquish or not letting me be in their little club. I worry that I'm being closed-minded and tribal, but I'm honestly just too exhausted to care anymore. Their arguments are boring and I've heard them a thousand times before.
Anyway, aside from that, my friend Cinderelliot told me that he figured out how to inject a Banjo-Kazooie game into the Wii U's menu. I'm actually somewhat impressed by this, because I know that Banjo-Kazooie isn't available on the eShop normally. I haven't hacked my own Wii U yet, but now that the Switch is out, I think it's worth trying to get as much out of my Wii U as I can. I seriously would like to see more homebrew Wii U software, preferably some applications or games that show the value of the second screen in everyday applications.
We finally started playing through the Dark missions in Sonic Adventure 2 after beating the Hero missions the other night. While we were playing, Infamous messaged me asking if I wanted to watch him record a game, I told him that I was watching Cinderelliot play Sonic Adventure 2, and he said he wanted to join the call. He didn't stay longer than a few minutes, but I ended up telling him that we started having the calls with the games one-on-one because people in the voice chat complained about the game music being too loud. He seemed surprised.
I rounded out the day with a conversation with Insulator about how Nintendo seems to be spreading releases throughout the year now, rather than focusing them all on November in order to take advantage of the Christmas rush. We agreed that it was a good strategy, and makes the rest of the year less boring. November used to be so chaotic that a lot of good games got lost in the shuffle, with only the major titles standing out among the crowd.
No comments:
Post a Comment