Almost as soon as I woke up, Infamous called me in the Voice Chat and started streaming Breath of the Wild. It was an interesting level, because he was doing this challenge where Link has all of his equipment taken from him. He died to the Hinox miniboss at first, so after reloading the game, he decided to try throwing a Royal Broadsword onto the island before he set foot on it to see if it would be there after his equipment was taken away. It turns out the plan worked, and he was able to use that sword to defeat the miniboss. Soon after beating the challenge, he began the boring process of scanning several Amiibo into the game and resetting whenever he didn't get the item he wanted.
Soon, my Mom came home with Chick-fil-a. I took the opportunity to leave the call, though I could have just as easily had the food in my room like I usually do during calls. Partly because I was bored, but partly because I wanted to savor the sandwich. Is it any wonder I'm always afraid people are doing such things to me when they say they have to go? I suppose I should reflect on that. Anyway, she told me she got the Polynesian sauce she knows I like. Unfortunately, she didn't get the nuggets that I usually eat it with, and the idea of polluting a perfect Chick-fil-a sandwich with extra sauce (even if it's very good) just didn't appeal to me. So the packets will have to be saved for another time.
My Mom is finally learning to use Facebook, getting online after both of my Grandmas. She posted her first conservative political meme today, and I'm really proud of her. I just hope the rest of my family doesn't try adding her and then I have to deal with all of them remembering I exist and sending me friend requests. I'll have to be really diplomatic about rejecting some of them so I don't have to police my posts further. She likes my sense of humor, and of course my politics. So it could be interesting having her around my online environments.
Over the course of the day, Cinderelliot completed the Dark missions in Sonic Adventure 2. He completed about half of them before dinner, and the other half after dinner. Because of the unusual timing, I remember that my Mom made some kind of soup, along with a ham and tomato sandwich. He had some strange issues with the Wii U going out during play because the power strip he has it plugged into is dying and unreliable. I keep telling him he needs a new one, but he doesn't want to spend the money. I don't think he's making the smartest decision here, but I didn't press the issue. I think that power strip is partly responsible for killing his PlayStation 3 (which he's still very sad about), though I haven't mentioned that to him. Maybe I should. Anyway, after beating the story, we remembered that he told me earlier that he was scared of the Dark ending where it's implied that Eggman takes over the world. That seems so strange to me, because I was sort of excited by it. I liked the idea of being a bad guy and conquering the world instead of just being a hero. That's part of the game's appeal, at least for me.
Some trivia about November 20th came to my attention that is semi-interesting. It's the birthday of Microsoft Windows, and also the sixth anniversary of Skyward Sword's North American release. I should probably play that game again, I rushed through it the first time. If only I didn't have so many games on my backlog. Sigh. So many things I want to play, but I never have time to play any of them. It's easier to just watch other people play games, and it's a little more relaxing. I like the idea of playing games, but in practice I find playing most of them stressful and frustrating to the point that I avoid playing them. And modern games are only getting more challenging with more action on screen and more complex controls that I don't understand readily.
No comments:
Post a Comment