Saturday, December 9, 2017

Breath of the Wild DLC 2.

My entire day since yesterday has revolved around the second DLC released for Breath of the Wild. I've been so caught up in it I haven't even had time to write blog entries.

First, my Mom found the download code I need to get my own version of the DLC expansion, which we apparently got with the game on purchase but didn't know it. I haven't played it myself yet, but I think I will get around to it.

Infamous thought it was coming out earlier last night than it was, and he gave up waiting for it thinking it wouldn't be out until midnight Pacific Time, because that's Nintendo's standard time they use due to having headquarters in Redmond. This time, though, they decided to release it at Midnight Eastern Time, which got Fabian really excited to the point that he started randomly messaging me about his geography theories and how A Link to the Past's map was closest to the "real" one.

Infamous ended up waking me up at 4:00am with a Skype call to play Breath of the Wild because he just found out it had been released. He really struggled with the challenges, had to do something called "save scumming" in order to beat groups of enemies, use stealth armor at night, etc. He took a break at some point, and then I got some additional sleep. By the time I woke up again, Infamous had called me again. He was really excited to share this entire experience with me. That made me happy.

Cinderelliot joined the call as well, and after Infamous had to leave, I saw him play though the same DLC. He was determined not to do it in a "cheap" fashion, and I was surprised to see how quickly he made progress and how much better he was at the game. Not that I'm selling Infamous short... I would probably do worse than him, but this guy is better than both of us. I'm a bit impressed.

Insulator tried having a conversation with me about Mario Odyssey, but he noticed too quickly that I wasn't replying fast enough and decided to end it because I was busy. It's a little unnerving when someone is that perceptive, with a delay of less than a minute between replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment