Sunday, December 10, 2017

Rest of the DLC and long technical conversation.

My Mom got me some Christmas lights to decorate my computer. They take up a USB port, unfortunately. She thought for some reason that the lights could be charged up and left running, but they're just the kind that turn on when plugged in, and turn off when unplugged. I could tell just by looking that there was no battery pack and no on/off switch, but she was still disappointed when it didn't charge up.

So Cinderelliot finished up the rest of the DLC in the Voice Chat the other day. It really didn't add much to the story, but the final divine beast was interesting, and I think the fight against the monk may have been tougher than the fight against Ganon himself. In general, I like the fact that the four rebalanced boss battles are set up to keep you from being overpowered. Amusingly, Cinderelliot's cat unplugged his Wii U at one point, and when he plugged it back in, he didn't lose progress because of autosave. Thank goodness for autosave, right?

Anyway, during the final battle, Vato joined the call. I haven't seen Vato since I started this blog, so I haven't mentioned him before. He started talking to us, which was easier since we weren't playing the game music. Soon after Cinderelliot beat the boss, he had to go to bed. His evil stepmom makes him to bed at 10:00pm every night.

So Vato and I started talking, and we kept the conversation going for a surprisingly long time. We talked about speed running games like Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64, and how broken the early 3D games were, etc. Also how newer Nintendo games are tougher to break with glitches like wrong warp or things like that. We also talked about using AI to master various games. He wanted to have an AI learn to play Connect Four, and we started talking about checkers being a weakly-solved game, so that in theory if both players play perfectly, it will always be a draw. Just like Tic-Tac-Toe. We stayed up fairly late because he's a night owl and we were hoping Infamous would join us because he said he might, but then he never got around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment