Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Cinderelliot gets Switch, 7 hour call with Infamous.

I got a lot of food for Christmas, a lot of Chex Mix, a lot of nuts, and a lot of chocolate. Some brain teasers, and some cartoon DVDs.

Anyway, Cinderelliot got a Switch, but he doesn't have any real games for it, so he ended up downloading Minecraft and Rocket League from the eShop. I think that was a real waste of money because he owns those games on other platforms. I get that the Switch is more portable, but spending that kind of money on games you already own is just less money you have to put towards new games you've never tried before. It seems like a bad deal.

Most importantly though, was a 7 hour call with Infamous that just ended. It started off with me watching him collect Korok seeds again, but then he started on a new area where he was doing a lot of shrines. I think it was the Woodland area. Anyway, the last three shrines were part of a series of trials, and it was interesting dealing with the Koroks in order to get access to them. Infamous had a lot of trouble with the one where he had to avoid detection from a Korok child he had to follow around.

After getting all the shrines in the area, though, he tried to do the quests. We climbed to the top of the Deku Tree, and he had pretty much all the items the guy asking us to solve riddles wanted us to present. Except for one, the Voltfin Trout. Finding that thing was a pain, and given the inconsistency in answers online, I suspect the game uses a random generator of some kind to determine whether or not it will appear in a given area. It took us forever to find one. After that, though, the quest was easy. The last quest in the area that we did involved photographing three sets of Leviathan bones. Infamous knew where all of those were, though, so it went much faster.

Now I am going to go to sleep. If I can manage to get any kind of peace and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment