Well, I woke up to start my day with a fairly normal call in the Voice Chat, and it was nice to see Jolteon and Odin there. I was having a good time, right up until Pussy joined the call. She made the entire atmosphere of the chat more vulgar and crude, like she always does, and made a stupid political joke about the president. I decided to leave the call, and ask Cinderelliot to play Xenoblade 2 with me in a separate call like we usually do instead of joining everyone else.
Cinderelliot had a tough time beating Malos, and died to him a number of times. We eventually had to look up a strategy for beating him that involved using Morag and Victory Smoothies. Cinderelliot tells me that he was still angry about that fight and how cheap it was hours afterwards. It bothers him even more that the difficulty spiked so high, only to come back down in the subsequent fight. Also, he says he doesn't like how much skin Nia shows as a blade and prefers the way she's dressed as a driver. I just wonder about the practicality of it, though. Maybe blades need to expose more skin in order to improve the flow of ether? I don't know. We played the game for about 7 hours, thus more than taking care of my social needs for the day.
My SN30 finally arrived directly from China, thus performing an end-run around Amazon's apparent distribution monopoly in the US. I haven't had a chance to test it yet because I've been in calls all day, and now I'm writing this blog, but the buttons feel solid and I have charged it up.
I did end up joining the Voice Chat again later for a brief time after my call with Cinderelliot ended, and I stayed until Pussy showed up again. Jolteon seemed worried about me, and thought I needed to talk to someone about how Pussy is making me feel. I think I'm being a little unfair to her because of my bad first impression, and because I don't like that Infamous hangs around with her so much. I think she's a bad influence on him.
Weirdly, the Card Cash transaction for the Walmart gift card never went through, so I ended up just using the gift card at Walmart directly. I got a copy of Spirited Away, a Studio Ghibli film I've heard good things about. It was supposed to arrive today, but it seems like it's going to come at least a day later than they estimated.
I think after Cinderelliot starts back to school (I swear God is looking out for him, it seems like he kept getting days off right up until this weekend), I may just need to start focusing more of my energy on something practical. I'm going to be really lonely when everyone gets busy again. So it's either get focused or have different groups of friends in several time zones.
No comments:
Post a Comment